1. Start by choosing a charity and setting a goal of how much you'd like to raise for them.
2. Decide if you'd like to raise money solo or partner up with a friend or family member.
3. Choose a site to raise money, two of the most popular, easy and reliable sites are 'GoFundMe' and 'Just Giving". These sites allow you to put in a goal and share an easy to access link for people to donate.
4. Set weekly/monthly training goals on how you want to train and prepare for the event.
5. Share your fundraising link with friends and family, be sure to post it on social media regularly and share what you're doing and why.
6. Reach out to the charity you're fundraising for as they'll be happy to know you're helping and will be able to share your fundraising link. Some charities also provide fundraising buckets and other materials to help raise money.